Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Saturday, September 12, 2009

Making PVC Boat Racks



I wish I could take credit for this rack design, but alas it belongs to someone else but I'm not sure who.

Need a kayak rack to work on your kayak? Here's a great design that you can make to any height you need.

I came across a very simple design for kayak, canoe etc.. racks. A friend of mine built them and they work perfectly.


Here're a few pictures of them. You can see how easy it is to build them. So I don't think detailed instructions are necessary.


I will give a list of parts needed for building one (1). I think the cost is around $20, cheaper if you have some PVC lying around.













Material list for one rack (1)


1 - 8" x 1/4" bolt and nut and 2 washers

2 - 3/8" machine screws and 2 washers

5 - 1 1/2" end caps

1 - 1 1/2" T-connector

2 - 90 degree elbows- 1 1/2"

2 - 45 degree elbows- 1 1/2"

1 - 4" 1 1/2" PVC pipe

5 - 2 foot - 1 1/2" PVC pipe

2 - 12" - 1 1/2" PVC pipe

1- 5 foot length of 2" nylon webbing

1 - can of PVC glue

1 - 8" x 12" 150 grit sand paper

1 - pair of rubber or latex gloves


Thank you!

No comments:

Post a Comment