Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Sunday, May 17, 2009

Fishing Gagets "The Knot Tier"


Yes, there are specialized knots that we all know and no tool can replace them. Just like any area of expertise, there are tools to help out.

This is one of those tools.

Let's face it, fisherman love gadgets and I have found the best gadget for fishing ever. If you've thought about getting one of these get one now.

Let me just say, I'd see one of these in a store and my nose would get out of joint. No self-respecting fisher(M/W) would ever use one. And if they did what kind of amateur were they. I mean really don't we all know at least 40 different knots.

Well.....Just let me say I'm sorry, I take it all back and may the gods of fishing forgive me.

I used to dread having to change flies, especially size 14 and smaller. My eyes are getting old. Also, I seemed to forget how to tie a knot as soon as I looked at the leader. And forget about tying leader to leader. I would fish with the same fly too long just so I didn't have to change flies. Come on so did you.

Enter, the "Knot tier" If it was made out of gold it would be worth it. It makes tying on hooks a breeze. You can tie on a hook in seconds instead of minutes. You can also tie leader to leader in no time. I lengthen and shorten my leader all day and never think twice about. Change flies one to another and prospect the water with new bait and love it.


Its about as easy to use as it gets. You will be tying with it in no time. Learning curve "5 min".

It ties a through the wraps knot. What this means is, as you tighten the knot the wraps tighten around the line and hold tighter. Also, as the fish pulls the knot gets tighter.

Think about that for a second!

It can be used for almost all hook sizes. It can even tie Snell hooks.

Don't be like me and wait. Get one and you will be like me and tell everyone about it. I've seen them in stores and if I see someone looking at one I go into my sales speech about it.

I have three (3) of them. Yes, I love gadgets to.

Happy fishing!

Tight lines till next time!

1 comment:

VNazBlogger said...

Have you ever heard of the Fas-N-Aider? It is awesome!
www.fasnaider.com

Post a Comment