Search This Blog

Search This Blog

Saturday, March 12, 2011

Cheap Fishing Gear

Most of you will call me cheap. I like to spend my money on real fishing gear not trendy gadgets that I can make.

I'm not trying to look like an advertisement for some magazine. So when I needed a third hand this is what I came up with. Ten ($10) bucks for 3 instead of $12 for one!

Forget the vest and attach them to your fishing shirt, build a button lanyard, attach a fly box - and go fishing!

" The Deer Hunter" would be proud. 


I used a simple snap-on kit and double sided Velcro tape. And here you go not pretty but you know my thoughts on that.

Simple to make!

Next time my folding stripping basket. Use it as a wading belt, unfold it,  it turns into a stripping basket. Fold it back up and move to the next spot. Nothing to get in the way. Light weight, affordable and easy to make.

Obiter Dictum "The Minimalist Fly Fisher"

No comments:

Post a Comment